Dedicated to Improving the Quality of Life in the Miller neighborhood of Gary, Indiana
Since its inception in 2005, the Miller Community Fund has distributed over $200,000 to nearly 40 deserving organizations, such as:
- Miller Little League, helping 100 kids play baseball every year
- Dunes Learning Center, teaching environmental science classes to local students
- Miller Garden Club, planting and maintaining gardens at the Aquatorium, up and down Lake Street and the South Shore train station
- Causes for Change, installing a kayak/canoe launch accessible to all
- Gary Rotary Club, hosting the annual Gallery Gallop, a marathon race showcasing the Indiana Dunes
- Marquette Park Greenway Project, helping to complete a bike trail to run from Michigan to Chicago
- St. Mary of the Lake Food Pantry, providing 55,393 pounds of food for 1,416 families (4,636 individuals) in 2020
The Miller Community Fund is a small charity, which means it is...
Effective: We work on a local scale with a focus on beneficiaries we know. Donations to the Miller Community Fund go directly to micro-grants benefitting Miller.
Efficient: The Miller Community Fund has essentially no overhead, has no payroll and pays no honoraria to its Board members. We have no sophisticated fundraising campaigns. Every dollar donated goes directly into micro-grants for zip code 46403.
Community Based: The MCF Board of Directors and its Grant Committee live in Miller. We have resolved to contribute personally, some monthly and some annually, and we ask the members of the Miller community to join us in giving.